Every client’s skin responds differently to these treatments, and this information
acts as a guideline only.
What should I do before my appointment?
- If you normally get your eyebrows waxed or threaded to maintain the shape, you may get them shaped 3 days prior to your microblading appointment.
- If you would like your artist to use as much hair as possible, you may let your eyebrows grow until your microblading appointment. Your artist will pluck any stray hairs that you wish to remove after the mapping of your new eyebrows.
-Avoid tanning two weeks prior to your microblading appointment.
-Do NOT come to your microblading appointment with a sunburn on your forehead or flaking skin around your eyebrows. In this case, email your artist at least 48 hours prior to your appointment to reschedule.
-Avoid chemical peels at least 4 weeks prior to your microblading appointment.
-Avoid alcohol, ibuprofen or any medication that thins the blood 24 hours prior to your microblading appointment.
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. This will happen for the 2-3 days after the first appointment.
- Swelling and redness is minimal with most clients, and will disappear within 24-48 hours. In some cases, it may last around the eyebrow area for up to 3 days, but will not prevent working or socializing. The treated area may feel a bit like a sunburn afterwards but there should only be minimal discomfort.
- You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid using any soaps or cleansers on the treated area for the first week as they can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilize in the dermis.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before touching the tattooed area.
- Keep the tattooed area clean by rinsing with lukewarm water and patting dry with a disposable paper towel 3 times a day.
- Avoid any kind of moisturizer, oil and Vaseline for the first two weeks. Only apply a very small amount of the provided ointment in the morning after cleaning the eyebrows with warm water. Apply using a disposable cotton swab. The goal is to have your tattoo flake off naturally, rather than form into large scabs. You may use the ointment for the first 7 to 14 days.
- Do NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It will appear as though the eyebrows are gone. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- Do NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks. Chemicals of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment.
- The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 6 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done. Keep in mind that microbladed brows healed up to 30% softer than the initial color.
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, you may apply sunscreen on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
- Glycolic Acid, retin-a, face peels and exfoliation must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
© 2020 LL Beauty - All Rights Reserved